It is Friday. Here are some interesting news stories/blogs I have come across this week:
No Impact Man asks "why does making music have to sound like someone else?" - doing stuff instead of watching stuff:
A while back I went to Shabbat dinner at my friend Rabbi Steve Greenberg’s house. At a certain stage, he handed out booklets and we all sang together. I’m not Jewish so it was new to me, in a wonderful way, and I felt jealous that we did not all sing together in my house. I wondered why not? Why is singing together and making music not something we do everyday?
I bet your company car isn't as cool as Yahoo!s:
Yahoo! had a huge bike fair at their main campus in Sunnyvale, California.
Five lucky winners got this special purple edition of the Specialized Globe
Comp IG8.
Alexandria, VA awards grant to encourage kids to bike to school.
Team Discovery to disband due to doping problem in pro cycling:
Lance Armstrong's former team Discovery is to disband at the end of the seasonSadly, finding positive, encouraging news is harder to do these days. A safe and happy weekend to all.
after failing to find a new sponsor.
The Velorution is my co-pilot.
3 comments:
keep moving bro. You got me reading your blog and trying to integrate my bike in every facet of my life. :) But remember this is less about biking and more about self reliance.
How do you deal w/ arriving at work sweating your arse off? I'd kill to be able to bike into work.
jamie-
yeah it gets really toasty riding to work. thankfully, i have a locker room facility in my office building with showers. i have to carry soap and a towel with me everyday, because we aren't actually allowed to use the lockers (?!), but it certainly helps a ton. i know people that do it without showers though...they just use the bathroom to freshen up, and keep baby wipes in their office.
Post a Comment